Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Paper flower Christmas ornaments

Hi there!
So I know I haven't been great at posting all the things I've been working on.  But I thought today while I was looking at the many email blogs I get that if I can't post my own stuff, at least I can showcase some of the amazing work that is out there!  I absolutely LOVE Christmas so I really enjoy seeing what people are making this time of year.  I'm in search of a great, non-edible idea for an advent calendar! 

So, I've showcased Jayma's blog before.  But her creativity has struck me again!  Check out her blog here to see her latest creation.  These ornaments are so cute.  Made with the amazing CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge for Cricut- a must buy for any Cricut owner!  If you don't have it yet, give someone special my card and tell them to contact me so you can receive the perfect gift for Christmas!  It's amazing everything this ONE cartridge can do!

Anyway- check out her blog to learn how to make one yourself.  She uses bible pages but really you can use anything.  I think I may make some with our kids.  Our tree is completely decorated in homemade ornaments.  It started when hubby and I were first living together and couldn't afford to buy ornaments.  So I made some.  It started with felt I had laying around and some glitter glue LOL.  For the next few years as more money was available, the ornaments became more advanced.  It became such a tradition we stuck with it. The only bought ones you'll see on our tree were gifts. So also very special.  Now with 3 kids, I love that they can be a part of making new ornaments!

If you are interested in making these and don't have a Cricut, contact me and maybe we can set up a workshop!  It will force me into being creative!

Enjoy the blog!  And I hope you can find some time for crafting!
Happy Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment